committee is dedicated to helping neighbors make our neighborhood a safer place.
Graffiti, Fire Station, Foot Patrol, Joy Riding
Committee Chair and Volunteers Needed
The BNA board is looking for one or more volunteers who could attend (and represent the BNA at) the monthly SWNI Emergency Prepardeness and SWNI Public Safety meetings and keep the BNA informed. An interest in encouraging or helping start one or more Neighborhood Watch programs would also be desireable. If you can help and or are interested in becoming chair of this important committee please contact the BNA Board
and or come to the next BNA Board meeting
If you see activity that appears to violate a law or ordinance, please call the police to report it as soon as possible,
for crimes in progress or for dangerous or life-threatening situations that require immediate police intervention, e.g.
• You believe someone is driving away from the park drunk
• There is a fight at the park
• You hear gunshots
• You see a crime being committed
• You think someone is hurt or about to get hurt
• You you feel threatened by someone who has come to your door.
the Portland Police Non-Emergency # for crimes that have already happened or situations that are less threatening, e.g.
• Someone is making excessive noise at the park
• A group is using the park after hours
• A minor is out past curfew in the park
• Report suspicious door-to-door activity (see below)
Both 911 and the non-emergency number are answered by the same call takers at the Bureau of Emergency Communications. The 911 calls are answered first, and the non-emergency calls are answered next.
the Portland Police Bureau's Graffiti Hotline to report graffiti.
Call 503-823-SAFE (503-823-7233)
the Transportation Safety and Livability Hotline to report intersection safety, pedestrian safety, school safety, neighborhood speeding, visibility of signs or pavement markings, bicycle safety, parking, or initial capital project requests.
Call 503-823-3131 or email Michael A. Boyer - Crime Prevention Coordinator for Southwest Portland
- regarding problem-solving, education, community organizing on crime & livability issues
Coyotes and other Wildlife in Bridlemile
Please see the Coyotes and other Wildlife
page for more about wildlife in Bridlemile.
Neigborhood Emergency Team (NET)
A web page with information about Bridlemile's NET to be added soon. Learn more at the SWNI Emergency Preparedness & NET web pages
, and/or contact Bridlemile's NET leader: Dennis Siegman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about Pedestrian Safety issues in Bridlemile is on the
Transportation & Pedestrian Safety and its child pages
• Portland Bureau of Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Services
• Portland Noise Control
• Portland Nuisance
• Portland Office of Emergency Management
• Portland ONI Graffiti Abatement Program
• Portland ONI Neighborhood Crime Prevention Services
• Portland Police Bureau
• Portland Water Bureau Door-to-Door Scams Page
• National Crime Prevention Council
• Neighborhood Watch Program
• NFPA Fire Safety Information
• NFPA Risk Watch Child Unintentional Injuries Prevention Site