Movie in Dickinson Park: Shaun the Sheep
Saturday, July 9th
Dickinson Park on SW 55th
Fun begins at 6:30 pm, movie at dusk
Free. Pre-movie entertainment by Wamba. Free popcorn, climbing wall. Parking is limited, please bike or walk if you can. Special thanks to Josh Friberg of Keller Williams Realty. Also thanks to the Crestwood and Ashcreek Neighborhood Associations and Dickinson Park Stewards. Click here for Movies in the Park web page.
Events & Announcements
- "Green Goddess Remedies" opened Fall 2014. The business is a medical marijuana dispensary. A Good Neighborhood agreement (GNA) was drafted by committee members. Come to the upcoming neighborhood meetings to learn of updates.
- Check out the new Map App. The Map App is a way for you to explore maps of the city and help determine what Portland could look like and how it should grow over the next 20 years. Use the Map App to learn more about anticipated new housing or job development and where the City may want to invest in new infrastructure, like water, sewer, parks and streets. Your ideas can shape how Portland will grow over the next 20 years. Leave your comments on the maps to inform the City's Comprehensive Plan Update. Click here to go to the new Map Ap.
- National Night Out party is held the first Tuesday in August. Crestwood holds their Night Out celebration at Dickinson Park beginning at 6pm and lasting until sunset. Ashcreek neighbors welcome. Click here for more info.
- Woods Park work parties continue every 4th Saturday of the month. It’s always a chance to get out into one of the fine parks in our neighborhood.
Neighborhood Association Meetings
- 2nd Wednesday of January, March, May, July, September, and November. Remaining 2015 meetings: March 11, May 13, July 8, September 9, November 11.
- 7 pm in the library (basement) of the West Portland United Methodist Church at 4729 SW Taylors Ferry Rd (corner of Taylors Ferry and SW. 48th)
- Elections are in May. We are looking for two new board members. Want to help out with the workings of our neighborhood? Contact John Prouty at this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Association Bylaws
- Crestwood Neighborhood Association Meeting Minutes
- Strategic Direction
- Action Plan - 2013 - 2014
- Earthquake Preparedness
- State Health Insurance
- Portland Tree Cutting Procedure - Starting Jan 1, 2015 all trees in Portland are governed by the Portland Tree Code. It identifies the required actions of all residents for the care and maintenance of trees, governs the removal and replacement of trees, identifies actions that are not allowed and the penalties for violating the code. Tree Permits are required for removing any tree whose diameter is 12” or greater (measured 4 ½ feet from the ground). Property in a conservation zone has further restrictions. Click here for a summary of the Tree Code or here for the 102 page Tree Code.