Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc.
Friends of April Hill Park
Friends of Spring Garden Park
Marshall Park Playground
Donate by Check
All donations should be made to "Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc." If donating for a specific program like Friends of Spring Garden Park or Marshall Park Playground, designate that using the memo line of your check.
Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc.
7688 SW Capitol Hwy, Portland, OR 97219
Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. is the go-to place for community activities in Southwest Portland. SWNI’s mission is to let you know what’s going on, help you become involved and improve livability in Southwest neighborhoods. Our organization supports hundreds of volunteers working thousands of hours to accomplish that mission.
Once a year, we ask for your donation to support our efforts. Your gift of $25, $50, or $100 or more will provide the financial resources we need to support our monthly newspaper and leverage volunteer efforts. SWNI is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization which means your donation is 100% tax deductible.
Some of the things we have accomplished over the past year with your help include:
- Publishing this newspaper, SW News, and an electronic newsletter monthly to keep you informed of community events in a timely manner;
- Supporting over 45 summer community events including neighborhood ice cream socials, National Night Out events, free movies and concerts, and other community celebrations. Because of your support, we were able to mail the SW News to all households in July, and mail targeted postcards to households in most neighborhoods, resulting in record attendance at these events;
- Organizing the first citywide leadership training in honor of past SWNI President Patty Lee, and organizing two other trainings for new leaders in our community;
- Coordinating the spring and fall cleanups which helped 600 neighbors get rid of 19.85 tons of yard debris, 44.17 tons of bulky waste and 7 tons of scrap metal , including volunteer runs to pick up materials from about 35 seniors at each cleanup;
- Supporting grants that will fund improvements in Spring Garden Park, Marshall Park and April Hill Park, as well as updating the master plan for Woods Park;
Participating in Barbur Concept Plan, Southwest Corridor Plan and Portland Comprehensive Plan Policy Expert Groups;
- Providing information on how to improve our local watersheds, and supporting volunteer projects through the Southwest Watershed Resource Center;
Honoring members of the Portland Police Bureau at the Community Policing Reception, and honoring our volunteers at the annual Volunteer Recognition Dinner.
Most of this work is done by an amazing group of volunteers. However, like other small nonprofits, we need your financial support to leverage these efforts. We especially need your donation to support neighborhood outreach efforts, and to support the Patty Lee Leadership Training fund.
Please take a moment and use the enclosed envelope to mail your tax-deductible donation today. Checks can be made payable to Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. and will be acknowledged with a receipt. You can also donate online at www.swni.org.
Thank you for your support of these community projects in Southwest Portland. Please let me or our Executive Director, Sylvia Bogert, know if you have any questions.
President, Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc.