MPNA Meeting 10-JUL-08 ... PP&R Park and Bridge plans.
This month, the MPNA meeting was held in the open air at Marshall Park. The entire meeting was handed over to Portland Parks & Rec. Several PP&R representatives came along to discuss their plans for Marshall Park and replacement of the condemned footbridge. The event was well attended by around 50 people, including park and trail users from other neighborhoods.
- PARK PLANNING --- PP&R described the Park Planning process and the schedule. Habitat, playground, trails, park access, picnic tables, kiosks, signage, and other topics will be considered in the final plan. They invited feedback on the plans. Neighbors in attendance were most vocal on the topics of playground and trails.
- BRIDGE MATERIALS --- PP&R brought along large charts illustrating the bridge options. There are several construction alternatives (timber, railcar, concrete, steel). These are described in detail on the PP&R website.
- BRIDGE LOCATION --- PP&R led neighbors on a walk along the creek to show them the three possible bridge locations.
- COMMENTS --- More information is available on the PP&R website. You can also send in comments and your preference for bridge materials and location. It's important to do this if you want your voice to be heard. Comments on the bridge will be accepted until 18-July. Comments on the Park Plans will be accepted until 28-Aug.
- WEBSITE --- The PP&R website is www.PortlandParks.org ... click on Projects ... click on Natural Area Projects ... scroll down to Marshall Park ... click on Comment Form
- WALKS --- PP&R is also leading two walks through the park to discuss the planning process. The public is encouraged to come along to hear the plans and offer feedback. On Tuesday July 22 there will be a morning walk from 9-11 am. On Monday Aug 4 there will be an evening walk at 6:30 pm.