1. FOMP - We looked over the draft of the new Stewardship Agreement for Marshall Park. This will define how Friends of Marshall Park, and Portland Parks & Rec., will work together for the good of the park. Later this month, Louise and Mart from PPR will meet with FOMP to review and finalize the agreement. The two groups will also exchange ideas and try to develop a joint work plan.
2. GRANT - The city has awarded MPNA a grant of $2,000 to be used this year. It will mainly be spent on Outreach, Neighborhood Survey, Postcard, Nature Tours, and a new web site. The grant details will be posted on the MPNA web site. MPNA neighbors will also provide many "in kind" hours to implement the activities outlined in the grant. The focus will be on the survey and website in the first part of the year, and then turn to the postcard project and nature tours beginning in the spring.
3. LAND USE - We briefly looked at several new divisions and adjustments in the neighborhood.
4. NEIGHBORHOOD EMERGENCY PLANNING - Six MPNA neighbors took the NET training in December. We learned the importance of being prepared, and hope we can work with other neighbors so that MPNA will be ready in the event of a major disaster. Two MPNA neighbors attended the monthly meeting of the Fire Station 10 NET Team. Much of Arnold Creek and Marshall Park fall in this fire district. Much more to come on this in the future.
5. NEEDED - Volunteers to assist with the outreach activities (postcard and survey) from our grant. Ideas, photos, articles for the web site are encouraged. We also need MPNA representatives for Schools, Trails, and Transportation - meetings are optional for these posts, we just need representation. Anyone interested in helping, please write to email@example.com