1. Community Policing - Officer Deanna Wesson spoke about community policing initiatives. She asked about issues that concern people in the neighborhood. She will return to future meetings so neighbors will get to know our primary contact in the police force.
2. Park Plan - In the next few months, Portland Parks will be creating a plan for Marshall Park. There will be a couple of meetings for public input.
3. Development Issues - Recently some neighbors saw brown sediment in the creek, discharged from a building site. They notified Bureau of Development Services, who issued a violation ticket to the builder. BDS will monitor the site weekly. Well done neighbors!
4. Web Site - The MPNA web site has been redesigned. It is still under the SWNI site. But now it is in a "page" format so we have more control over what is posted on our site, and where the postings appear.
5. Survey - MPNA is preparing a survey to find out what's important to people in the neighborhood. The first draft of the survey was reviewed during this meeting. The final survey will be available on the web, and also by mail.
6. Neighborhood Emergency Team - Three neighbors passed the final exercise and became full-fledged NET volunteers.
7. Letter to the Mayor - MPNA will send a letter to Mayor Potter, in support of the Office of Neighborhood Involvement. Motion by Karen, Second by Margot, carried unanimously.