7:00 - 8:30pm
Multnomah Arts Center, Room 4
7688 SW Capitol Hwy.
Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. Parks and Community Centers Committee usually meets the first Thursday of the month. Confirm scheduled meetings on the Southwest Neighborhoods Calendar.
The Parks and Community Centers Committee acts as a forum in the community to promote parks, community centers; public spaces such as squares and monuments; open spaces of any types, including cemeteries, golf courses, and school fields; and recreational and educational programs of Portland Parks & Recreation (PP&R). More specifically, the committee:
- Develops working relationships with PP&R that allow the community a voice in decisions that affect parks and park programs in SW Portland.
- Participates in citywide planning projects like Parks 2020.
- Participates in and promotes neighborhood participation in master planning for individual parks.
- Supports efforts to acquire new park space and build new community centers.
- Monitors school district actions to help preserve school district buildings, playgrounds, and fields.
- Recommends actions and positions, as appropriate, to the SWNI Board.
Fran Laird, lairdfran
Portland Parks and Recreation Replacement Bond: Bond Phase 2 Town Hall
The Parks Replacement Bond was passed in November 2014 authorizing $68 million in general obligation bonds for repair and replacement projects. The first Bond project list spent $47.6 million of the Bond; the remaining $20.4 million will be spent in Phase 2.
PROJECT CRITERIA FOR 2014 PARKS REPLACEMENT BOND The projects for the first Bond project list and the potential projects for Phase 2 were identified as urgent needs and prioritized with the following criteria: 1. Investing in projects that are immediate safety concerns or urgent repairs (urgency = highest probability of failure x highest impact of failure) 2. Investing in projects that reduce bigger costs later on 3. Responsible repairs for general deferred maintenance needs 4. Investing in energy efficiency 5. Increasing accessibility for all 6. Restoring services that are currently closed
Portland Parks & Recreation Budget Advisory Committee (BAC)
The BAC is comprised of community members, PP&R supporters, neighborhood and underserved community coalition members, and labor partners. The BAC represents a wide variety of interests from stakeholders across the city.
- December 8 | 4:00pm-8:00pm
BAC #1, Portland Building (1120 SW Fifth Ave), 2nd Floor, Conference Room C
- December 15 | 5:30pm-8:00pm
BAC#2, Portland Building (1120 SW Fifth Ave), 2nd Floor, Conference Room B
- January 5 | 5:30pm-8:00pm
BAC #3, Portland Building (1120 SW Fifth Ave), 2nd Floor, Conference Room C
- January 12 | 6:00pm-8:00pm
Public Budget Meeting, St. Philip Neri Parish, Carvlin Hall, 2408 SE 16th Avenue
- January 14 | 5:30pm – 8:00pm
BAC #4, Portland Building, 2nd Floor, Conference Room C, 1120 SW Fifth Avenue
View the Parks Action Plan 2011-12
View the Parks Action Plan 2012-13
View the Parks Action Plan 2013-14
View the Parks Action Plan 2014-15
View the Parks Action Plan 2015-2016
Parks and Community Centers October Agenda & Minutes