Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. (SWNI) is a coalition office funded by the City of Portland Office of Neighborhood Involvement (ONI) to provide training, orientation, information and consultation to city-recognized neighborhood associations in southwest Portland. SWNI's role is to develop organizational capacity of the associations and be a resource for neighbors advocating a particular position on issues of livability.
Office of Neighborhood Involvement
City Code Title 3.96 is the authorizing language for Portland's neighborhood system and directs the City of Portland Office of Neighborhood Involvement to develop Standards. The ONI Standards are the regulations for Neighborhood Associations, Business District Associations and District Coalitions to follow in order to be recognized (or acknowledged in the case of Business Associations) by the City's Office of Neighborhood Involvement.
- Bylaws template for neighborhood associations developed by the City of Portland
City of Portland & Multnomah County contacts
- City of Portland contacts directory
- Pocket Phone Directory (PDF) contains phone numbers for all sorts of problems and questions you have.
General Information for both City of Portland and Multnomah County. Not sure who to call? Try this number and you will be directed to someone that can assist you.
Oregon Department of Justice (DOJ)
Find these resources on the DOJ nonprofit website:
- Guide to Nonprofit Board Service in Oregon
- 20 Questions that Directors Should be Asking