Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. serve's member neighborhood associations in southwest Portland by providing the following resources:
City of Portland & Multnomah County contacts
Pocket Phone Directory (PDF) contains phone numbers for all sorts of problems and questions you have.
- (503) 823-4000 - General Information for both City of Portland and Multnomah County. Not sure who to call? Try this number and you will be directed to someone that can assist you.
- Website hosting
- Constant Contact email marketing for neighborhood newsletters
- Space each month for a neighborhood article and meeting announcement in the printed SW News newspaper
- Use of overhead projector and laptop for meeting presentations
- Large laminated neighborhood map
- Event announcements printed in the SW News newspaper and posted to the SWNI and City of Portland online calendars
- Neighborhood mailings to all households
- Assistance with community organizing for citizen participation and crime prevention
- National Night Out - registration assistance, party promotion, supplies
- Event Checklist of Supplies (Submit online HERE.) Please use online submission so we are better able to manage your request.
- Administration of projects requested by citizens such as neighborhood cleanups, candidate fairs, neighborhood picnics, fund-raisers for playground structures, open space parks, etc.
- Design and printing of event publicity flyers
- Use of copier for meeting agendas, minutes and other handouts
- Electronic archival of documents
- A c/o mailing address and mailbox in the SWNI office
Technical assistance, technical reference links, tool checkout, funding, native plants, natural gardening, referrals, workshops and training programs are all available on the Watershed Restoration Resources webpage: http://swni.org/watershed/resources