Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. (SWNI) provides neighborhood associations with use of it's Constant Contact account for sending out meeting reminders and announcements. This includes:
- a self-maintained contact list for each neighborhood association (contacts can self-subscribe online)
- assistance with placing a newsletter "subscribe" button on website
- a contract of understanding signed by each volunteer using the account
Social media accounts like Facebook and Instagram accumulate followers over time. These accounts may be considered valuable communication tools and assets to a neighborhood association. SWNI provides the following services:
- Assistance with establishing a social media account
- Administrative ownership of a neighborhood association's social media accounts to prevent malicious use or loss during volunteer turnover
- Linking of a neighborhood association Facebook account to Constant Contact for automatic posting of newsletters
- Assistance in embedding social media streaming content on website
SW News newspaper
Each neighborhood association receives space for a monthly 300-to-500-word article, public meeting notices, photos and event announcements. The free printed newspaper is delivered to subscribers in southwest Portland. The electronic version is posted to the front page of Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. website and is sent electronically to subscribers of SWNI's monthly e-newsletter.
- The July edition is mailed to every household in southwest Portland and contains 4 added pages to promote neighborhood association summer events.
Printing and Publishing
- SWNI includes a commercial printing allowance for each neighborhood association in its annual budget. The SWNI budget can be found on the SWNI Board Handbook page.
- Neighborhood association volunteers have use of SWNI office equipment, including a black-and-white copier for meeting materials up to 200 copies per month, 3-hole punch, spiral book binder and laminator for small projects.
- SWNI staff will assist neighborhood association volunteers with creation of promotional materials.
- Registration and administrative management of a neighborhood association's custom domain name to prevent loss during volunteer turnover. Loss of a domain could result in loss of a website and email accounts.
SWNI manages a cloud hosting account and maintains a coalition website that serves neighborhood associations, SWNI Committees, and the SWNI board. These services are offered to each neighborhood association that chooses to host their content on the coalition website, at no charge:
- Hosting of a subdomain for each neighborhood association's pages
- DNS forwarding for custom domain names
- Content updates upon request and when needed to ensure content is accurate and up-to-date
- User account with access restricted to a neighborhood association's own content
- Technical training
- Archived backups of website content and disaster recovery
The following presentation tools are available by reservation. Call the Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. office (503) 823-4592.
- Overhead projector
- Whiteboard and markers
- Audio recorder
Neighborhood Association Large Map
The Office of Neighborhood Involvement provides a large neighborhood map to each neighborhood association. Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. will have the map laminated upon request.
SWNI includes a postage allowance for each neighborhood association in its annual budget. The SWNI budget can be found on the SWNI Board Handbook page.
Google for Nonprofits G Suite
A Google for Nonprofits grant to Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. allows SWNI to provide neighborhood associations with a custom email server and G Suite tools for communications, storage and collaboration, at no charge:
- E-mail accounts for your custom domain (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Google Drive
- 30GB of cloud storage per account
- Google Docs, Forms, Sheets and Slides
- Google Calendar
- Google Groups
- Google Hangouts
Mailing address and phone number
Neighborhood associations may use the Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. phone number and mailing address. Deliveries are held at the SWNI office for pickup. Documents may be scanned and emailed upon request.
Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. promotes neighborhood association meetings and events in the SW News newspaper, the Southwest Neighborhoods Calendar on the coalition website, the SWNI monthly e-newsletter and on the City of Portland's online events calendar and email notification system.