Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. (SWNI) supports neighborhood associations in planning, promoting and administration of events. View the SWNI events webpage or call the SWNI office (503) 823-4592 to schedule services and reserve equipment and supplies.
National Night Out
National Night Out (NNO) is the first Tuesday in August. Park permits are free for National Night Out parties sponsored by neighborhood associations. NNO parties are registered through the Office of Neighborhood Involvement website.
Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. will support neighborhood association National Night Out parties by providing:
- assistance with designing promotional materials such as flyers and postcards, depending on staff availability.
- printing of promotional materials. A commercial printing allowance for each neighborhood association is included in the SWNI budget.
- mailing services for an all-household neighborhood mailing. A postage allowance for each neighborhood is included in the SWNI budget.
- arrangement for printing and delivery of mailing pieces to the downtown Portland bulk mailing center.
- promotional space in our all-household July edition of the SW News newspaper.
- party supplies, by reservation.
Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. does not assist with private block parties. Block party permit information is located on the City of Portland Office of Neighborhood Involvement website. Block party street closure application forms and instructions can be found on the City of Portland Bureau of Transportation website.