SWNI Transportation Meetings: Next Meeting: Monday, July 17th, 2017 7:00 - 9:00pm
Multnomah Arts Center, 7688 SW Capitol Hwy. Room 29
Guest presenter, Pedestrian Master Plan update by Michelle Marx, PBOT
Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. Transportation Committee usually meets the third Monday of the month. Confirm scheduled meetings on the Southwest Neighborhoods Calendar.
Contact: David Martin, email@example.com
1. Invest in small-scale community driven projects focused on transportation safety, equity, innovation and placemaking.
2. Engage communities historically underrepresented in and underserved by PBOT programming, including but not limited to communities of color, immigrant and refugee communities, low-income individuals and families, youth, people with disabilities and lesbian, gay, bi, transgendered people.
3. Supplement existing PBOT priorities and capital projects.
4. Generate new and innovative ideas for PBOT to consider in the long term and to decrease policy and process barriers to idea implementation.
5.Strengthen collaboration between PBOT and community partners by providing hands-on technical support during project implementation.
Portland in the Streets, Community Grant web site
JADE/APANO Multicultural Space
8114 SE Division Street, Portland, OR 97206
Thursday, July 27, 2017, 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Peninsula Park Community Center
700 N Rosa Parks Way, Portland, OR 97217
Local Transportation Infrastructure Charge/Neighborhood Streets Program. Below are the links for the LTIC/Neighborhood Streets Program—for people to review before the meeting. The community survey is linked on the second link below.
ODOT Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP)
STIP is Oregon’s four‐year transportation improvement program. The STIP encompasses funding for all transportation projects on the federal, state, city and county transportation systems. The STIP includes multimodal projects (highway, passenger rail, freight, public transit, bicycle and pedestrian), as well as projects in the National Parks, National Forests, and on Tribal lands. The STIP must include any transportation project that utilizes federal funds and any regionally significant projects funded by the state
Previous Meeting Materials:
February 15, 2017
- Transportation System Development Charge (TSDC) presentation (PDF) provided by Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT)
- PBOT web page compete with video and links to the online Open House. Comments on the potential projects are due by February 28.
- The TSDC projects are a subset of the Transportation Systems Plan projects--those projects that are considered "financially constrained" with a timeframe of 1-10 years. Proposed TSDC Project List
- Funded Safety and Active Transportation Investments on Barbur Boulevard
- Typical Cross Section, Capitol Highway (South end to Bertha Boulevard)
- ODOT Project Updates
- ODOT Project Comment Cards
December 2016 and January 2017 meetings were cancelled due to poor weather conditions.
November 21, 2016
Featured Presentations: Metro's SW Corridor Light Rail Project Team
PBOT: Portland is committed to ending traffic violence in our communities. Through the Vision Zero program, the City of Portland and their partners are working to eliminate deaths and serious injuries on Portland streets by 2025.
Portland Comprehensive Plan: Transportation Systems Plan Stage 2-adopted
Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. (SWNI) Transportation Committee has been reviewing and commenting on the draft Portland Comprehensive Plan Transportation System Plan. Over the past 2 years, SWNI has submitted several letters to the Portland Planning and Sustainability Commission on the draft Goals and Policies as well as other details that have been proposed. The Portland Planning and Sustainability Commission has Adopted the Transportation System Plan Stage 2 in December 2016
Comprehensive Plan Links:
- BPS website on Recommended Plan Maps (including boundaries of proposed Centers and Corridors—scroll down to the bottom of the page for the maps of Southwest Portland): http://www.portlandoregon.gov/bps/68387
SWNI Comp Plan/TSP letters to date:
- 12/27/2013 (Working Draft) (PDF 600 KB)
- 10/31/2014 (Proposed Draft) (PDF 1.14 MB)
- 1/2/2015 (Proposed Draft) (PDF 130 KB)
- 3/6/2015 (Proposed Draft) (PDF 700 KB)
Recommended Plan Maps for Southwest Portland:
TSP Chapter 9 (PDF 425 KB)