The Safety and Crime committee is dedicated to helping neighbors make our neighborhood a safer place.
If you see activity that appears to violate a law or ordinance, please call the police to report it as soon as possible, Call 911 for crimes in progress or for dangerous or life-threatening situations that require immediate police intervention, e.g.
- You believe someone is driving away from the park drunk
- There is a fight at the park
- You hear gunshots
- You see a crime being committed
- You think someone is hurt or about to get hurt
- You you feel threatened by someone who has come to your door.
Call 503-823-3333 the Portland Police Non-Emergency # for crimes that have already happened or situations that are less threatening, e.g.
- Someone is making excessive noise at the park
- A group is using the park after hours • A minor is out past curfew in the park
- Report suspicious door-to-door activity (see below)
Both 911 and the non-emergency number are answered by the same call takers at the Bureau of Emergency Communications. The 911 calls are answered first, and the non-emergency calls are answered next.
Call 503-823-4TAG(4824) the Portland Police Bureau's Graffiti Hotline to report graffiti.
Call 503-823-SAFE (503-823-7233) the Transportation Safety and Livability Hotline to report intersection safety, pedestrian safety, school safety, neighborhood speeding, visibility of signs or pavement markings, bicycle safety, parking, or initial capital project requests.