Annual Spring and Fall Cleanups
Spring 2018 Cleanup - in partnership with SW Community Recycling
May 5, 2018
9 am - 1 pm
Portland Christian Center parking lot
5700 SW Dosch Road
Suggested fee: $15 per trip. The money we collect helps us run this event by recovering disposal fees and organizational costs.
ACCEPTED at the Cleanup:
- bulky waste (large items that won’t fit in your garbage can)
- broken/dirty furniture, mattresses, toys, kitty condos, etc.
- scrap wood from personal projects, flower beds, rotting decking, pressure treated wood, etc.
- scrap metal (any item with metal) washers, dryers, ladders, bicycles, etc.
- re-useable items for Community Warehouse: furniture, kitchenware, home appliances, linens,
click here for more details about what Community Warehouse will accept
New items ACCEPTED at the Cleanup, in partnership with SW Community Recycling:
- batteries (small and large)
- cork (all sizes and types)
- printer cartridges
- silver lined snack bar wrappers (clean, please!)
- light bulbs (CFLs, NO fluorescent tubes, NO incandescents)
- toothbrushes and plastic floss containers
- Go-Go Squeezes (clean food container pouches)
- block styrofoam (clean block styrofoam and food containers, NO peanuts)
NOT ACCEPTED at the cleanup:
- electronics (we're sorry, but we will now NOT be able to collect electronics)
- yard debris
- construction, demolition and remodeling debris due to risk of asbestos
- hazardous waste (paint, fertilizers, etc. The only exception is batteries.)
- commercial waste
- kitchen garbage
- curbside recyclables
- composition roofing
- stumps and rocks
Commercial trucks will NOT be permitted.
No YARD DEBRIS!
Nothing suspected of containing asbestos will be accepted. Due to new Metro regulations, SWNI will NOT be accepting any YARD DEBRIS or any construction, demolition and remodeling debris.
Yard debris will have to be disposed of in your curbside recycling or by calling a disposal company. If you have recently completed a Do-It-Yourself remodeling project or have materials leftover from hiring someone for remodeling, you will have to self-haul or contact a disposal company. Please see the sidebar for more disposal options.
Are you a senior or disabled resident and can’t get items to us?
You may schedule a curbside pickup. One pickup load per address and all items must be placed in the driveway.
DEADLINE TO CALL FOR PICKUP:
Wednesday, May 2nd, 5 pm
No yard debris accepted!