Hillsdale NA Header

Safety & Crime

Phone Numbers

If you see activity that appears to violate a law or ordinance, please call the police to report it as soon as possible, call 911 for crimes in progress or for dangerous or life-threatening situations that require immediate police intervention, e.g.

  • You believe someone is driving away from the park drunk
  • There is a fight at the park
  • You hear gunshots
  • You see a crime being committed
  • You think someone is hurt or about to get hurt
  • You feel threatened by someone who has come to your door

Call 503-823-3333 the Portland Police Non-Emergency # for crimes that have already happened or situations that are less threatening, e.g.

  • Someone is making excessive noise at the park
  • A group is using the park after hours
  • A minor is out past curfew in the park
  • Report suspicious door-to-door activity (see below)

Both 911 and the non-emergency number are answered by the same call takers at the Bureau of Emergency Communications. The 911 calls are answered first, and the non-emergency calls are answered next. 

Call 503-823-4TAG(4824) the Portland Police Bureau's Graffiti Hotline to report graffiti. 

Call 503-823-SAFE (503-823-7233) the Transportation Safety and Livability Hotline to report intersection safety, pedestrian safety, school safety, neighborhood speeding, visibility of signs or pavement markings, bicycle safety, parking, or initial capital project requests. 

Call 503-823-4257 or email Crime Prevention Coordinator Jenni Pullen, jenni.pullen@portlandoregon.gov regarding problem-solving, education, community organizing on crime & livability issues.

SW Neighborhood Crime Report: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/71978