SW News newspaper
SWNI staff publish the monthly 16-page SW News newspaper. Each neighborhood association is provided space in the printed and online editions for a 300-to-500 word article, public meeting notice and event announcements. The 20-page July edition is mailed to all households in southwest Portland.
SWNI staff manage the coalition website, swni.org which includes coalition-wide content and separate pages for every neighborhood association. Each association receives a website login. Staff are available to assist with training and updating content.
Newsletter and Social Media Accounts
SWNI staff manage ownership of email marketing and social media accounts for neighborhood associations. New volunteers are easily on-boarded and account ownership is maintained during volunteer transitions. SWNI staff are available to assist with training and sending out electronic newsletters.
Custom Domain Name and Email Addresses
SWNI staff manage custom domain names, for example yourneighborhood.org, on behalf of neighborhood associations. SWNI pays the domain registration fees. SWNI staff will set up email addresses for custom domains, for example email@example.com.
Google G Suite (Cloud Storage, YouTube Brand Account, Photo Sharing)
SWNI staff manage G Suite accounts for every neighborhood association.
- G Suite Groups are used to manage neighborhood association board member lists and permissions.
- Board members can share documents and files and view archives in the cloud using their G Suite Drive folder.
- SWNI staff can assist neighborhood associations in setting up a YouTube Brand Account and provide training.
- Unlimited G Suite Photos storage is available to each neighborhood association. Photo albums can be embedded on a website and shared in a newsletter. SWNI staff provides assistance and training.
Learn more about G Suite tools at the G Suite Learning Center.
SWNI staff are available 9am-5pm, Monday through Friday, to answer phones, receive mail and greet walk-ins at the Multnomah Arts Center office. Neighborhood associations can use the SWNI office mailing address and phone number.
- Neighborhood association mail is held in the SWNI office for pickup.
- SWNI pays for laminating a large City of Portland boundary map for each neighborhood association.
- SWNI staff are available to assist associations in using office printers, laminator and other equipment and supplies.
- See Fiscal Services page for more information on office services SWNI provides.
Neighborhood associations can reserve SWNI equipment for use at their meetings and events.
- Overhead projector
- Audio recorder
- Portable whiteboard
- Video equipment for live streaming meetings or production of neighborhood videos
- See Events page for more event-related supplies available by reservation
Printing and Mailing
- SWNI pays postage (some years - see annual budget) for mailing to all households within the neighborhood association boundaries.
- Assistance with graphic design of postcards and flyers.
- SWNI provides a commercial printing allowance to each neighborhood association (some years - see annual budget) and use of printers in the SWNI office.