Topic: SWNI Transportation Committee Meeting
Time: Wednesday February 17, 2021 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Southwest Neighborhoods is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: SWNI Transportation Committee
Time: Feb 17, 2021 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 884 516 9434
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,8845169434#,,,,*409182# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,8845169434#,,,,*409182# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 884 516 9434
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kviewD80j
SWNI Transportation Committee Chair:Katherine Christensen, email@example.com
PBOT- Projects in the Pipeline
SW Portland- Full List
- Capitol Hwy: Huber to Kerr Parkway Complete Streets Project
- Capitol Hwy: Multnomah-Texas
- SW Bike Lane Project
SW Corridor Light Rail Project update- SWNI Transportation Committee May 18th 2020
Trimet Project Page
- Trimet Project Library
- Projects Community Advisory, Steering Committee, and Community Activities and Meeting Page
- Stations and Routes Page
- Conceptual Design Report Page
Online Open House: Stations and Design
Feedback due by March 27th
SW Corridor Light Rail Plan- Metro Project Page
- Light Rail Project Purpose and Need
- Light Rail Project Alternatives for Environmental Review
- Draft Environmental Impact Statement Scoping Summary Report with Appendices
- Final Agency Coordination Plan
Southwest In Motion (SWIM)
Southwest In Motion is a short-term refinement, prioritization and implementation strategy for planned active transportation investments in Southwest Portland. The final plan will identify a realistic 5-year active transportation action plan that provides basic walking and bicycling connectivity as well as access to transit improvements, where they are needed most.
On December 4, 2019, City Council adopted Southwest in Motion (Resolution No. 37464):
- SWIM Project page
- Southwest in Motion Plan
- Southwest in Motion Plan Appendice
- Southwest in Motion New Crossing Enhancements
- Southwest in Motion Open House Material
The plan recommendations include:
- Identification of priority short term walking and biking projects, such as bike lanes, sidewalks, shoulders, and neighborhood greenways.
- List of short-term crossing enhancements, including enhanced and new crosswalk designs.
- Discussion of other potential road safety enhancments, including walkable shoulders and traffic calming.
- Promotion of key programs to support community-initiated projects, such as block parties, community plazas, and urban trails.
- Policy recommendations to advance walking and biking in Southwest Portland.
The voter approved work plan for Fixing Our Streets includes seed funding to implement the first round of Southwest in Motion recommendations. There are two project categories eligible for funding: $185,000 for Bike Lanes, and $552,000 for Crossing Improvements.
2018 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP)-Metro
The Regional Transportation Plan is a blueprint to guide investments for all forms of travel – motor vehicle, transit, bicycle and walking – and the movement of goods and freight throughout the Portland metropolitan region. The plan identifies current and future transportation needs, investments needed to meet those needs and what funds the region expects to have available over the next 25 years to make those investments a reality.
Metro RTP presentation 12/18/2017 SWNI Transportation Committee meeting
Metro RTP site
Metro RTP Survey
Metro RTP Interactive map of projects submitted for public review
Metro Draft 2018 RTP Project list (all projects)
Public Meeting Archives
View the Transportation Committee PUBLIC Meeting Documents archives on Google Drive.