Think about how these activities might help sustain your volunteer group once started.
- Outreach: generate publicity (see Getting the Word Out), create a table display, main point of contact for new & potential volunteers
- Communication: coordinate site and tasks for work parties with PP&R/owner, relay information to/from the SWNI-wide SW Watershed Stewards list, report volunteer hours & accomplishments to PP&R/WRC; send out event reminders to volunteers
- Grantwriting: for project funding
- Documentation, Photography, Historian: capture events in numbers, images and “before & after” stories to share with other residents
- Group Pulse/Process: keep things light, keep a read on how the group is functioning – make sure people are having fun and not burning out; and that the group’s process is facilitating equitable involvement by all members