Some ideas for recruiting people to your Friends group:
- Brochures at parks, local libraries, coffee shops, community centers
- Post event information on external websites such as PP&R, CNRG, Hands On Portland
- Create a webpage for your group
- Table at community events, e.g. Maplewood Picnic, Multnomah Days, BES open houses, community forums
- Networking: phone calls, public meetings, conferences, word of mouth
- Postcard mailings or door hangers to neighbors
Note: anonymous web & print publicity is okay for recruiting volunteers who are already knowledgeable about the issues, but know that ultimately 80% of volunteers come to a meeting or event because someone asks them personally.