Provide an accessible way for new & longtime volunteers to interact with the group.
- Find a location that is visible (consider signage) and convenient. The more you can consistently meet at the same place, the more likely a new volunteer will be able to remember it and find your group.
- Food helps! No one likes to make decisions on an empty stomach. :)
- Meetings can take on a variety of appearances. Some groups have less frequent social meetings, others have monthly structured meetings; some just have work party events without separate meetings.
- Decision-making can also happen via email, but many people value the social or community aspect of belonging to a group that meets face-to-face.
- Doodle is an online polling tool that can help groups figure out the best meeting time.
Next: Getting the Word Out