Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. committee chairs have the following responsibilities:
Meeting Agenda and Minutes
- Prepare a meeting Agenda. Guest speakers and the most important and time-critical issues should be first.
- Upload the Agenda to the PUBLIC Meeting Materials folder on the committee's Google Drive, at least 7 days in advance of the meeting.
- Upload the previous meeting's Minutes for approval to the PUBLIC Meeting Materials folder on the committee's Google Drive, at least 7 days in advance of the meeting.
- Email a meeting announcement to the committee's Google Group, at least 7 days in advance of the meeting. Include the following items, depending on circumstances:
- Date and Time
- Video meeting join instructions
- A link to the Public Meeting Materials foler on Google Drive that includes the Agenda and previous meeting's Minutes for approval and any other materials for the meeting
Committee Action Plan
- Oversee the creation and implementation of an annual committee Action Plan.
- Submit the committee's Action Plan to the Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. Board of Directors for approval, in July.
SW News Committee Articles
- Arrive early, or open video meeting early to welcome attendees.
- If meeting in person, prepare:
- sign-in sheet
- wall signage directing attendees to the room
- projector or any other equipment needed
- Begin the meeting at scheduled time.
- Confirm who will be taking the meeting Minutes.
- Recognize speakers and direct meeting discussions to follow the agenda. Rules of order ensure decisions are made fairly and the rights of the majority and minorities are protected. The rules you follow should encourage adequate discussion and participation.
- Ask the person taking minutes to re-state motions before voting.
- End the meeting on time.
SWNI Board Meetings
Committee chairs are members of the SWNI Board of Directors and should attend the monthly meetings prepared to present a committee update to the board. If your committee is making a motion at the SWNI Board meeting, it should be made available for review by board members before the meeting, included with the online meeting materials.