Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. (SWNI) helps neighborhood associations manage events. Call the SWNI office to inquire about event support, reserve equipment and supplies and event space at Multnomah Arts Center or other venue options. View the Events page for more information.
Neighborhood events are promoted on the Southwest Neighborhoods and City of Portland online event calendars and the SW News newspaper. Contact the office for assistance with designing and printing graphics for events like handouts, flyers or posters.
Fundraising at Events
SWNI staff can attend your event to process credit card payments.
National Night Out
National Night Out (NNO) is the first Tuesday in August. Park permits are free for National Night Out parties sponsored by neighborhood associations. NNO parties are registered through the Office of Neighborhood Involvement website.
Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. will support neighborhood association National Night Out parties by providing:
- assistance with designing promotional materials such as flyers and postcards, depending on staff availability.
- printing of promotional materials. A commercial printing allowance for each neighborhood association is included in the SWNI budget (some years - see budget).
- mailing services for an all-household neighborhood mailing. A postage allowance for each neighborhood is included in the SWNI budget (some years - see budget).
- arrangement for printing and delivery of mailing pieces to the downtown Portland bulk mailing center.
- promotional space in our all-household July edition of the SW News newspaper.
- party supplies, by reservation.
Southwest Neighborhoods, Inc. does not assist with private block parties. Block party permit information is located on the City of Portland website. Block party street closure application forms and instructions can be found on the City of Portland Bureau of Transportation website.